Black Bean Chocolate Vegan Brownies
This product is currently sold out.
3 cup cooked black beans
1/4 cup coconut oil
2 cups chopped vegan chocolate bar or chocolate chips (gluten free)
2/3 cup cacao powder (or cocoa)
1/2 teaspoon fine ground sea salt
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup +2 tablespoons unrefined sugar
Optional - cayenne pepper or chipotle powder
1) Soak your black beans overnight, rinse and cook them.
2) Preheat your oven to 160 Celcius and line a baking dish with unbleached baking paper.
3) Melt your chocolate and coconut oil together in a double boiler or saucepan with a glass bowl suspended over the water.
4) Place all of the ingredients in the food processor and mix until creamy.
5) Spread the mixture into your pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a knife comes clean out after insertion into the mix.
Written by Joe Summerfield for Reshape Fitness