This product is currently sold out.
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon coriander seeds
6 tablespoons (cold pressed virgin) olive or rape seed oil
1 teaspoon clear honey
500g carrots, peeled
3 large garlic cloves, bashed
Juice of ½ lemon
Juice of 1 orange
3 tablespoons tahini
Flakey sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.Toast the cumin and coriander seeds in a dry frying pan for about 1 minute, until just fragrant. Grind into a fine powder.
- Whisk 4 tablespoons of the oil in a large bowl with the honey and toasted spices.
- Cut the carrots into 4-5cm chunks and add to the dressing with the garlic. Toss to coat and season with salt and pepper.
- Tip into a small roasting tin and roast, turning once, until the carrots are tender and just starting to char slightly around the edges – about 35 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly, then scrape it all into a food processor. Slip the garlic cloves out of the skin as you do so. Add the lemon and orange juices, the tahini, and the remaining oil. Pulse to puree and check the seasoning.
Written by Joe Summerfield for Reshape Fitness