Creamy Polenta with Roasted Root Vegetables
This product is currently sold out.
- 1 parsnip
- 1 rutabaga
- 1-2 red beets
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups water
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup polenta
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 ounce blue cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons toasted pecan pieces
- Preheat oven to 425˚. Peel and cut the parsnip and rutabaga into ¼" cubes. Toss with ½ tablespoon olive oil and spread out into a thin layer in a roasting pan. Then take the beet, peel and cut into ¼" cubes. Toss with remaining ½ tablespoon olive oil and spread out into a thin layer next to the parsnips or in a separate roasting pan. If you aren't worried about all pink veggies, toss the beets, rutabaga, and parsnips together at once. Roast for 20-25 minutes until all vegetables are tender.
- While vegetables roast, bring the 4 cups water to a boil with the ½ teaspoon sea salt. In a steady stream, pour the polenta in the water while whisking. Continue to whisk the polenta until thick.
- Once thick, let the polenta cook for 25 minutes*, stirring every five minutes to ensure polenta isn't stuck to the bottom of the pan. Remove from heat and stir in butter and parsley.
- Once polenta and vegetables are done, turn on the broiler and divide polenta into two large oven-safe bowls and top with roasted vegetables. Sprinkle with blue cheese and place under the broiler for 1-2 minutes, checking every 15 seconds or so, until cheese is melted and lightly browning. Remove from the broiler and serve with a sprinkle of pecans.