Therapeutic Ginger Drinks
This product is currently sold out.
Brew #1: Helps purify the blood
- Beat ginger and crush it to extract the juice. Leave the juice for 15 minutes in a glass container
- Leave the sedimentation, and store the clear juice in a refrigerator for 5-6 days
- Mix 2 tsp of this ginger juice with 2 tsp of honey, and consume it every morning on an empty stomach
- It can be consumed for 48 days once every 6 months
Brew #2: Aids digestive issues
- Wash fresh ginger and peel off the skin
- Cut ginger into small pieces, and soak it in honey in a wide-mouth glass bottle
- Cover the bottle mouth with a thin, white, cotton cloth, and keep in the sun for 12 days
- Consume 2-4 pieces daily in the morning and evening to get rid of any indigestion issues
Brew #3: Reduces risk of colds
- Mix 4 tsp of ginger juice, 4 tsp of honey and 2 tsp of lemon juice in a cup of warm water, and consume. This is a great remedy to reduce your susceptibility to colds.
This healthy tea recipe will leave you feeling fresh and invigorated, without the side effects of caffeine.
- Boil 4.5 cups of water in a saucepan
- As the water boils, crush a 2-inch piece of fresh ginger with about 25 – 30 Tulsi (Holy Basil) leaves
- Add the paste to the boiling water, along with 2 tsp of dried coriander seeds (optional)
- Continue to boil for 2 – 3 minutes
- Strain the tea into cups and add 1 tsp of lime juice and jaggery to taste. Serve hot!
Source: Isha Foundation